FDLRS Parent Services provides information, training, and support to districts and families, to promote effective parent participation in the education of children who are exceptional and/or have special needs.
Parent services include assistance in the development of family-friendly programs, training and support for services for children with disabilities, and the support of partnerships between schools and parents to support student achievement.
A Sampling of Services offered by the Parent Services staff
FDLRS provides assistance and support in the appropriate use of a variety of technologies for students, teachers, professional staff, and parents. Support services are available in the areas of:
- Active Parenting
- AIM/NIMAS Florida Services
- Assignment of Surrogate Parent
- Assistive Technology
- Coordination/Support for Local Parent Conferences/Events
- Creating Family Friendly Schools
- Instructional Technology
- Parental Involvement in Education
- Technical Assistance
- Universal Design for Learning (UDL)
- Variety of Workshops for Parent Groups and Conferences
- Virtual/Online Instruction
We are offering a number of online webinars for parents. To register for these courses, access our Parent Webinar Registration Form.
Stephanie Brooks, Parent Service Specialist